Translate

Sunday 11 October 2015

Do You Mind If I Tell You My Story?


It’s Tuesday, its International Bible study at the Jesus Centre ..

 A refugee comes in, unknown to me, and sits attentively and quietly, taking in everything. At the end of the session, she says, “Do you mind if I tell you my story?” 


“Of course not, let’s wait for everyone to go ...” and Betty, my assistant, and I sit down to listen. 


Shyly and a little haltingly but with good English, she begins:“A little while ago I had a dream. A Man stood before me, dressed in white: He spoke to me: “My daughter, why don’t you come to My church?”


 At the invitation of the Man in white, our new friend had gone to a church in the town and someone  directed her to our International Bible Group.  


Some call it the refugee 'crisis'. I call it 'opportunity'. If Jesus is issuing invitations to refugees to join His church, I only hope we are one with Him in that invitation!  Let’s be friendly, let’s be family ... 


 Church, let’s open wide the doors of our hearts! Jesus is issuing His invitation and we must be ready!

No comments: